Monday, November 12, 2012

10k Race Prego. I did it!

I’m not going to pretend like it wasn’t hard.  Every step I ran I could feel the extra 12ish pounds I’ve already put on with baby #3.  It’s amazing what a few extra pounds does to one’s endurance.  But I did it.  And I did it in under an hour which was my goal.  56 minutes and 18 seconds to be exact.  It was fun and I am proud of myself.  I just kept thinking about how strong Lincoln is and how I could be strong and do hard things like he is.  It was very therapeutic.  Now the real challenge is going to be to continue working out for the next 5 months with no race on the calendar or gym membership.  Yikes.IMG_8101 (1280x852)IMG_8102 (1280x960)IMG_8104 (847x1280)IMG_8105 (946x1280)

19 weeks pregnant.  Kinda wish I was 21 weeks so I could have matched my racing number :)IMG_8103 (840x1280)IMG_8109 (960x1280)IMG_8106 (1280x920)

6 comments:

Mom said...

It looked like a beautiful day for November! Congratulations, you inspire me daily.

Jena said...

You totally rock, Cheryl! You are my hero :)
You and Lincoln.

Heather said...

Congratulations on being a pregnant superstar runner!

You should plan to race the Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10k here in Richmond some time! I don't think 2013 will be your year for it since the race happens right when your baby is due, so maybe 2014?

It's one of the most popular 10k races in the country (maybe 4th most popular?). It's fun because some people race in costumes (there's actually prizes for costumed runners). The route of the race also takes you along historic Monument Avenue which is an amazing street full of historic mansions.

I'm hoping to get my fitness act together and race it in 2013!

Here's the website for your reference: http://www.sportsbackers.org/events/monument-avenue-10k

Or maybe you'll feel up for doing the Richmond Marathon in November 2013? There's also a half-marathon and 8k that day too. I think I might try for the half-marathon.

http://www.richmondmarathon.com/

Unknown said...

Woohoo!! Way to go Cheryl. That is such a good time, and being pregnant! Maybe we can run together when I see you soon?! :)

Ali Snow said...

You're so awesome. Glad it was good weather, glad Lincoln was out of the hospital and glad you met your goal. Loving the cute short hair.

Mike said...

Congratulations Cheryl. I am very happy that you are so fit and healthy. It makes everyting else easier and more fun. Very proud!!!

Love Dad