Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A good week and nice break.

Last week Lincoln was supposed to start his next phase of treatment but his blood counts were too low and his immune system wasn’t strong enough.  So they gave us a week off.  Lincoln did not have any medicines of any form last week.  And It. Was. Great.  It’s amazing how much I took for granted having children who felt good before.  It really is a blessing.  He still had to spend most the week in the house, but by the weekend his counts were up enough that we felt like we could take him out.  We asked him where he wanted to got and his consistent reply was “grocery store”.  So, we went to the grocery store and he loved it.

My mom has been so sweet and bought a bunch of fun new toys for our basement including two big jumpy bounce houses.  The boys LOVE them. They are the perfect gifts.  Look at this face.P1030612P1030606P1030611P1030614P1030617P1030621

We also went out and feed the ducks one day with one of my best friends and her kids.  It was so much fun.  I can’t stress enough how much I’m learning to really just enjoy and cherish every, good healthy moment we have.  These the moments I hang onto when things aren’t as good that keep me going.  duckpond2duckpond3DUckpond4

Phase two, Consolidation started yesterday and so far Lincoln seems to be handling it well.  He was given four drugs yesterday at the hospital and our home care nurse should be here any minute to do it again today.  He’ll get it again tomorrow and Thursday too, and then again next Monday-Thursday.  I pray he handles it well and feels okay through it all.

A little more on this guy.  He turned 18 months on March 1st.  I wanted to do a photo shoot of him but it hasn’t happened yet, but I feel like I at least need to write a few things down now or I never will.  He cracks me up, all. day. long.  I am kind of obsessed with him.  He is the jumpiest baby I have ever met.  I mean look at the air he’s got in this picture!P1030624

Not only does he love jumping in the bounce house, he jumps on the hard floor too.  All around the house he just jumps and jumps.  That and running are by far his preferred method of transporting himself.  He talks a ton, repeating anything you tell him too.  He’s and amazing eater and a perfect sleeper.  8pm to 7am everything night with a 2 to 3 hour nap in the day.  He’s super cuddly and snuggly and loves to nuzzle up to me and Ryan under the covers in our beds.  He’s a big tease and loves to steal things from Lincoln and then run in a big circle around the kitchen/living room with Lincoln crying and chasing after him.  Sawyer is probably the only person who hasn’t started treating Lincoln differently since he was diagnosed and I think it’s a good thing.  He loves to dance and swing his arms around especially to the “Freeze song”.  He’ll growl like a lion on demand when ever you ask him too and usually doesn’t stop for a while.  I love him unconditionally and feel so grateful to be him mom.P1030623

2 comments:

Lisa Weiler said...

Those are such cute pictures at the duck pond. I can't wait to see you and Bean this week!

Jena said...

It's so nice to have your blog now that I'm gone and don't get to see you guys all the time! I love the pictures and updates! I miss you guys! Don't let my little buddies forget me!