Thursday, March 17, 2011

Letters, Letters Everywhere! And my Passion for Fashion.

It all started three or four months ago.  Lincoln has loved his little Shapes Ball toy ever since he got it when he turned one.  He knew all of his shapes in no time.  He loved it when Ryan and I would draw shapes on the magnadoodle and ask him to identify them.  Soon I realized, if he can identify shapes, why wouldn’t he be able to identify letters.  So I started teaching him letters….and HE LOVES LETTERS!  He is constantly bringing me the white board and marker to practice them with him.  While I haven’t pushed this on him at all, I must say I’m pretty proud of the little guy.  He can identify every letter in the alphabet and he’s only 19 months. Lets hope his love of learning lasts!

 

IMG_6906IMG_6903IMG_6905IMG_6896IMG_6907

IMG_6908

In other news…  I found THIS FASHION BLOG and I love it.  I’ve been trying to copy some of her looks. I love the way she ties her scarfs and belts and does her hair.  I don’t know that if I pull it off quite like she does, but it’s fun trying :)IMG_6883IMG_6886

8 comments:

Amanda said...

i love this blog too...haha i look at it all the time. i however think she is very confident do be able to pose and have a new outfit everyday. plus how do you afford a new outfit everyday. did you watch the video with her and her hubby answering questions...AWKWARD! haha. and way to go lincoln...that is AMAZING

Lisa Weiler said...

I love lincoln's long hair. The video didn't work tho :( maybe its just my comp?

Kimberly Porter said...

Joshy learned his letters very early as well and is now reading (like on a 1st/2nd grade level & he's in preschool!)...so I betcha Lincoln will be the same way. It's fun to have a smart boy!

Heather said...

So proud of Lincoln being all smart! Good for him to be excited about learning and good for you guys to find ways to keep the learning fun. :)

DC Diva said...

That is SO impressive! Go Lincoln!!!! He's learned that all in just a matter of weeks!

SO glad you love Sydney. She is an inspiration to us all. Like your outfit and hair in #2 a lot!

Ali Snow said...

Wow. So impressive. In the last little part of the video he had a bunch of letters on the fridge! So smart...and he totally initiated it on his own. Love my little sheriff. Those pics by the fridge are cute.

Mom said...

Wow that's impressive. I don't think he knew any of that in February! I am so proud of you Binks!

Bethany Sines said...

i used to follow that girls blog but seriously, she's such an airhead that i couldn't stand reading it anymore. haha i mean, who has time in their day to take a photoshoot every single day of themselves?? weird. she just acts like such a teenager. : ) there's a mean part of me that cant WAIT for her to enter reality and gain a ton of weight when she gets pregnant. hahaha. i really don't hate her but she totally sets herself up for ridicule.
but seriously cheryl, you're a total hottie and, in my opinion, pull off those fashion ideas better than miss blogger herself. keep posting pics of your stuff!