Monday, May 23, 2011

Girl’s Trip

Oh what a wonderful weekend.  I feel like a new woman.  Totally rejuvenated and recharged to enter back into mommy land.  For three days I carried a purse instead of a diaper bag.  I ate meals while they were hot with no interruptions, I had adult conversations with adults, and most importantly I bonded with some of my favorite girls on the planet.  I met up with six of my friends from Charlottesville in DC for a weekend of shopping, eating out, movies, pedicures and late night laughs.  WE started the girls trip tradition last year with the same group minus Stephanie who was in China plus Desiree and Danielle.  This year Danielle is pregnant in California and Desiree couldn’t find babysitters in Florida.  IMG_7206IMG_7207IMG_7183IMG_7184

Goodtimes in the dressing rooms.IMG_7185

IMG_7190

I must say the pedi’s were my favorite activity of the weekend.IMG_7194IMG_7195IMG_7196IMG_7197IMG_7199IMG_7204IMG_7205

Dinner was incredible.  Eating at nine pm after 10 hours of shopping.  Tasted good.IMG_7209IMG_7210IMG_7211

Lusted over lots of shoes at Nordi’s but at the end of the day only have pictures to show for it.  Darn that logical, frugal side of me!IMG_7158IMG_7163IMG_7164

IMG_7182

IMG_7181

IMG_7213

At the end of the night we had show and tell to see each others purchases.  LOVED Angie’s new church outfit from Anthro.  IMG_7168

Can’t remember the last time I saw a movie in a real movie theater.  IMG_7176

So the weekend was beyond wonderful and then, to top it off, I came home to my amazing husband who had not only done a great job watching the boys, kept the house in much better condition than I excepted he would, and done it all with a good attitude……HE GOT LINCOLN OFF THE BOTTLE!!!!  I was and am still flabbergasted.  I don’t know how he did it and am not sure I want to find out.  If it were up to me he’d probably have it until kindergarten.  I’ve tried and failed and can’t deal with the crying.  I am thrilled.  Now I just have to go on a few more trips and let Ryan take care of the pacifier and blanket addiction and we’ll have ourselves a grown boy….which actually kind of saddens me.  Thanks girls and husband for a fabulous weekend!  Can’t wait till next year!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Did Angie get the prize for travelling the farthest? I miss all of you ladies, and it's nice to see you all having so much fun. Glad you had a great weekend!

P.S. Loved the dressing room group photo!

Steph said...

love it! love you! let's meet up again soon - been way too long!

DC Diva said...

So fun! You deserved this Cheryl (and at least one of those Nordstrom shoes, come on!). I'm glad you had a great time. It's fun to "see" all those girls again. I want more deets. Which movie did you see? Did you guys live at Tyson's or what?

I'm kind of sad I didn't watch your kids. But probably for the best for many reasons, esp. b/c Lincoln is off the bottle Wow! Go Ryan!

Anonymous said...

Lame - why does it always erase my comments when I try to comment?

Anyway - looks like a fun time. I'm glad you were able to go. Sounds like an exhausing day though. What movie did you see? Too bad you didn't get any of the shoes, they're all cute.

Anonymous said...

Ok - so that Anonymous comment is from me...Ali - I tried to post it 3 times and it kept coming up as an error. It worked when I did it anonymous though. Weird.